- BUYER ACCEPTS SELLER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS – SELLER CONFIRMS AND ACCEPTS BUYER’S ORDER ON SELLER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. OBJECTION IS MADE TO ALL OTHER PROPOSED TERMS OR CONDITIONS (WHETHER CONTAINED IN BUYER’S PURCHASE ORDER OR ELSEWHERE) DIFFERENT THAN OR ADDITIONAL TO SELLER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ALL NEGOTIATIONS, QUOTATIONS, PURCHASE ORDERS, PROPOSED CONTRACTS OR AGREEMENTS ARE SUPERSEDED BY SELLER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH CONSTITUTE THE ENTIRE UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE PARTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SALE OF THE GOODS. BUYER DISCLAIMS RELIANCE ON ANY PROMISES OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY THE SELLER OR ANY THIRD PARTY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY NOT BE AMENDED, ALTERED, MODIFIED OR CHANGED EXCEPT BY A WRITTEN AGREEMENT SIGNED BY SELLER’S AUTHORIZED SENIOR MANAGEMENT. NO WAIVER OF ANY TERM, PROVISION OR OTHER CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT BY SELLER, WHETHER BY CONDUCT OR OTHERWISE, IN ANY ONE OR MORE INSTANCES, CAN BE DEEMED OR CONSTRUED AS AN ADDITIONAL OR CONTINUING WAIVER OF IT OR ANY OTHER TERM OR CONDITION.
- Credit Approval – SELLER’S OBLIGATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO ITS APPROVAL OF BUYER’S CREDIT. SELLER MAY DECLINE TO MAKE ANY SHIPMENT OR DELIVERY OR PERFORM ANY WORK UNLESS AND UNTIL IT RECEIVES PAYMENT OR SECURITY SATISFACTORY TO SELLER
- Prices/Taxes – ALL PRICES ARE: IN U.S. DOLLARS (UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED); DO NOT INCLUDE SALES, USE, EXCISE, TARIFF, DUTY OR OTHER TAXES PAYABLE (UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED), ALL OF WHICH ARE BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY; AND ARE SUBJECT TO REVISION IF BUYER REQUESTS ANY DESIGN OR SPECIFICATION CHANGES. PRICE INCREASES MAY BE MADE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. SELLER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE ITS MARKET PRICE AT TIME OF SHIPMENT.
- Shipping/Delay/Risk of Loss – SELLER HAS NO LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MEET A SHIPPING OR DELIVERY DATE. ALL DELIVERY AND SHIPPING DATES ARE ESTIMATES. TIME IS NOT OF THE ESSENCE FOR SHIPPING OR DELIVERY DATES. SELLER HAS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY FAILURE TO PERFORM DUE TO FACTORS BEYOND ITS CONTROL, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ACTS OF GOD, GOVERNMENTAL ORDERS, WAR, RIOT, TERRORISM, EMBARGOES, FIRE, EXPLOSION, STRIKE OR WORK SLOWDOWNS, SHORTAGES, DELAYS IN TRANSPORTATION, BREAKDOWNS OR ACCIDENTS. DELIVERIES ARE F.O.B. SELLER’S POINT OF SHIPMENT (UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED), AND RISK OF LOSS SHALL PASS TO BUYER UPON SELLER’S DELIVERY TO THE CARRIER. SELLER HAS THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE THE METHOD OF SHIPMENT AND ROUTING OF THE GOODS. IF SHIPMENT IS DELAYED AT BUYER’S REQUEST, THE GOODS SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE STORED AT BUYER’S RISK AND EXPENSE AND SELLER MAY THEREUPON BILL BUYER FOR THE FULL PRICE OF STORAGE COSTS; PROVIDED NO GOODS SHALL BE STORED MORE THAN 60 DAYS. BUYER SHALL PAY SUCH BILL FOR STORAGE UPON RECEIPT.
- Cancellation/Return of Goods – NO CANCELLATION IS EFFECTIVE UNLESS AND UNTIL ACCEPTED IN WRITING BY SELLER. SELLER’S CANCELLATION FEE IS DETERMINED AT TIME OF CANCELLATION, BASED ON MATERIALS CONSUMED AND TIME DEVOTED TO THE ORDER. GOODS RETURNED WITHOUT SELLER’S PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN TO BUYER FOR UNAUTHORIZED RETURNS.
- Seller’s Unrestricted Exclusive Intellectual Property Rights – SELLER HAS THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT TO SELL PRODUCTS IDENTICAL OR SIMILAR TO THE GOODS TO ANYONE, UNLESS BUYER HAS PROVIDED SELLER IN ADVANCE EVIDENCE SATISFACTORY TO SELLER THAT BUYER OWNS EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS IN THE GOODS. SELLER RETAINS EXCLUSIVE PROPRIETARY RIGHTS IN ALL OF THE DESIGNS AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE GOODS, AND OF METHODS OF THEIR MANUFACTURE, HANDLING, INSTALLATION, OPERATION, AND USE. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED TO BUYER. BUYER SHALL NOT REVERSE ENGINEER THE GOODS. BUYER SHALL NOT COPY THE GOODS. BUYER SHALL NOT OBTAIN PRODUCTS CONFORMING TO OR BASED UPON SELLER’S DESIGNS OR SPECIFICATIONS FROM ANY SOURCE OTHER THAN SELLER. ALL MODIFICATIONS OF THE GOODS, OF THEIR DESIGNS AND SPECIFICATIONS, AND OF METHODS OF THEIR MANUFACTURE, HANDLING, INSTALLATION, OPERATION, AND USE ORIGINATED OR DEVELOPED BY SELLER OR ACQUIRED BY SELLER FROM OTHER PARTIES SHALL BE AND REMAIN THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF SELLER. BUYER SHALL NOT OBTAIN PRODUCTS EMBODYING, INCORPORATING OR EMPLOYING ANY SUCH MODIFICATIONS FROM ANY SOURCE OTHER THAN SELLER WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION OF SELLER.
- Warranty –SELLER WARRANTS ITS PRODUCTS (CONSUMABLE ITEMS EXCEPTED) TO BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP UNDER NORMAL USE AND SERVICE, FOR A PERIOD OF SIX MONTHS FROM DATE OF INITIAL USE, OR ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF SHIPMENT FROM ITS FACTORY, WHICHEVER IS FIRST. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EFFECTIVE ONLY IF ITS PRODUCTS ARE: USED AS DIRECTED; NOT SUBJECTED TO MISUSE, NEGLIGENCE, OR ACCIDENT; AND NOT DISASSEMBLED, ALTERED, TREATED, OR REPAIRED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN SELLER. BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH IS, AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF SELLER, EITHER REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE NON-CONFORMING PART OR MATERIAL BY SELLER, OR REIMBURSEMENT BY SELLER FOR THE PRICE OF SAID PART OR NON-CONFORMING MATERIAL. IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THIS REMEDY, BUYER SHALL DELIVER WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE ALLEGED BREACH AND REQUEST A RETURN GOODS AUTHORIZATION (“RGA”) FROM SELLER WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD. BUYER SHALL RETURN THE NON-CONFORMING PART OR MATERIAL TO SELLER FREIGHT PREPAID WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER BUYER HAS BEEN GRANTED THE RGA. IN RESPONSE TO A WARRANTY CLAIM SELLER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO VERIFY AND INSPECT THE GOODS AT THEIR SITE.
- Exclusion of all express and implied warranties – ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF EVERY TYPE AND KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SALE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED IN ALL RESPECTS AND FOR ALL PURPOSES. ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN STATEMENT, ADVERTISEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN OR MADE BY SELLER OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR DISTRIBUTORS: (A) SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A SELLER PROMISE, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF ANY WARRANTY HEREUNDER; AND (B) SHALL NOT BE RELIED UPON BY BUYER OR ANY OTHER PERSON IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF THE GOODS.
- EXCLUSIVE REMEDY/ LIMIT OF LIABILITY – BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SALE OF THE GOODS, ON ANY THEORY, IS LIMITED, AT SELLER’S SOLE OPTION, TO (A) A CREDIT UP TO THE AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE, (B) REPAIRING NON-CONFORMING GOODS, OR (C) REPLACING NON-CONFORMING GOODS AT THE ORIGINAL POINT OF DELIVERY. SELLER HAS NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, OR FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
- Duty to Inspect– BUYER AGREES, WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, TO INSPECT THE GOODS. ANY ALLEGED SHORTAGE OR DAMAGED GOODS MUST BE REPORTED IN WRITING, DIRECTLY ON THE BILL OF LADING AND SIGNED BY THE DELIVERING CARRIER. THIS DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE SELLER WILL PROCESS ANY DAMAGE CLAIM AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE SELLER WITHIN 10 DAYS OF BUYER’S RECEIPT OF THE GOODS. SELLER SHALL BE GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO IMMEDIATELY INSPECT ALL GOODS IN ORDER TO VERIFY OR CHALLENGE THE LEGITIMACY OF BUYER’S CLAIM. IF A TIMELY WRITTEN NOTICE IS NOT RECEIVED BY SELLER, IT WILL BE CONCLUSIVELY PRESUMED THAT NO SHORTAGES OR DAMAGES EXIST.
- Legal Action – AN ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST SELLER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SALE OF THE GOODS MUST BE COMMENCED ONLY IN THE FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT OR NEW YORK STATE SUPREME COURT LOCATED IN ERIE OR NIAGARA COUNTY, NEW YORK. BUYER IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS. BUYER AGREES NOT TO CHALLENGE THE VENUE OR JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS. NEW YORK LAW GOVERNS THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. BUYER MUST GIVE WRITTEN NOTICE, VIA CERTIFIED MAIL, TO SELLER SPECIFYING BUYER’S CLAIM AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING, NO LATER THAN TWENTY-ONE (21) DAYS AFTER BUYER KNOWS OR WITH REASONABLE DILIGENCE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF ITS CLAIM.
- Infringement – BUYER SHALL INDEMNIFY SELLER AGAINST ALL LOSS, COST AND EXPENSE, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) SELLER’S REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM OF INFRINGEMENT OF ANY COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PATENT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT IN CONNECTION WITH SELLER’S USE OF ANY DESIGNS, SPECIFICATIONS OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY BUYER.
- Attorneys Fees – IF SELLER BRINGS AN ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST BUYER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SALE OF THE GOODS, OR IF SELLER IS THE PREVAILING PARTY IN AN ACTION OR PROCEEDING INSTITUTED BY BUYER, BUYER SHALL PAY SELLER’S COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) SELLER’S REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
We at Delaware Manufacturing Industries Corp. and our affiliated companies worldwide (“DMIC”) are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you share with us.
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit DMIC’s Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
If you choose to provide us with your Personal Information on the Web, we may transfer that Information within DMIC or to DMIC’s third-party service providers, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Web pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Web site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Web site.
Notic Where DMIC collects Personal Information on the web, we intend to post a purpose statement that explains why Personal Information will be collected and whether we plan to share such Personal Information outside of DMIC or those working on DMIC’s behalf. DMIC does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on DMIC’s behalf unless such transfer is legally required.
Choice You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to DMIC. The notice we intend to provide where DMIC collects Personal Information on the Web should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still visit most of DMIC’s Web sites, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
If you chose to have a relationship with DMIC, such as a contractual or other business relationship or partnership, we will naturally continue to contact you in connection with that business relationship.
Security Wherever your Personal Information may be held within DMIC or on its behalf, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Access & Accuracy To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, DMIC wishes to maintain accurate Personal Information. Where we collect Personal Information from you on the Web, our goal is to provide a means of contacting DMIC should you need to update or correct that Information. If for any reason those means are unavailable or inaccessible, you may send updates and corrections about your Personal Information to webmaster@DMIC.com and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your Personal Information that we hold as soon as practicable.
Third Party Services
Third parties may provide certain services available on DMIC.com on DMIC’s behalf. DMIC may provide information, including Personal Information, that DMIC collects on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers may also be an important means by which DMIC maintains its Web site and mailing lists. DMIC will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on DMIC’s behalf.
DMIC does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on DMIC’s behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Similarly, it is against DMIC’s policy to sell or give away Personal Information collected online without consent.
DMIC.com is not structured to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
We are committed to privacy and, through our membership in the Online Privacy Alliance, are actively involved in and support current industry initiatives to preserve individual privacy rights on the Internet. Protecting your privacy online is an evolving area, and DMIC’s Web sites are constantly evolving to meet these demands.